Friday, September 12, 2008

&Link: Wordle


Here's something I love. Wordle.net takes any text you enter and creates a custom word cloud to show you the frequency of the words used.

Above is my Wordle of David's Psalms (with Lord removed due to huge prominence; you wouldn't be able to see anything else if I left it in). Although this is a great toy with endless possibilities for entertainment, I actually didn't create this because I was bored. I've been using it as an analysis tool to try and discover more about the way David talked and thought.

You can see more of my Wordles here.

(Detail from David's Psalms wordle)

Literary analysis through Web 2.0 toys. I love it. +David

Links in this post:
Wordle.net - Go ahead, give it a wordle.
David's Wordles - True confessions: I created the Al Mohler wordle because I lost the link to my own gallery, and that was the only way I could think of to find it. (It's a good blog, though.)

No comments: